Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's a Wednesday and I'm beat!

Hello my furr kid guardians...how has your week been so far? Well, it's a Wednesday and I thought I should write something since I promised all of you that I would do this daily, (doesn't look like it's going to happen). My day was relatively slow, but non-the-less enjoyable! I talked to some fabulous potential furr kid clients...one who has THREE NORWEGIAN FOREST CATS!!!! How fun is that!!!!

I did a pet taxi with Coco the absolutely lovable pit bull this morning, had Sake my little destructor doggy, Smush, my super model and of course Sienna who is my protector doggy. Sienna is an Australian terrier...looks slightly like Toto, but not the same. She is a very funny girl...she protects me from everything out in the wild...including large white bags that landscapers use to collect lawn clippings and balloons that may be hanging on different mail boxes. She also LOVES to stop a couple of times during our walk to lie in the cool grass and roll around in it for good measure.

Did I tell you about Scooter? No, I couldn't have since this is my second blog entry! Well...sit back and get ready to hear about this amazing little guy! So, I'm sure a lot of you have heard me gab about 13th Street Cat Rescue and what wonderful work they do with homeless kitties...well, Joanne, (the founder) not only has an open heart when it comes to kitties, but also doggies!!! Coco, (the pit bull I mentioned) was found wandering the streets and Joanne just couldn't let him be homeless...come to find that Coco is a big old love bug who although is a bit shy around Men is a trusting and loving female lover boy. So, I have been doing a lot of pet taxi service for Joanne and taking Coco to Pawin' Around Dog Day Care. The other day she called me and said "when you pick Coco up don't forget to look in the bathroom and meet Scooter". I said "Scooter...who's that?" and she told me that he was a kitty that she was babysitting who had some back leg paralysis who would most likely have to have one of his back legs amputated.

The next day I showed up to cart Coco off to daycare and remembered that I was supposed to look in on Scooter. Not knowing exactly what I would find I slowly opened the bathroom door and there was the CUTEST kitten I have ever seen!!!! A 10-week-old Maine Coon mix with the face of an angel. As soon as Scooter saw me he started rolling around and talking to me! Even with his back leg not moving he was the happiest little guy I have ever seen! He just wanted to be with me, and didn't let that leg hold him back! I wanted to take him home immediately...could I kidnap the kitten? Would that be out of line? Would my Husband divorce me for bringing another kitty home? These were questions I wasn't too worried about, but then I remembered that Joanne mentioned that a Woman who recently lost her kitty who also had a back leg problem already adopted him and I knew he wasn't meant to be mine.

You know, Humans can take a lesson from little Scooter...even with a bum leg, he just kept going! I talked to Joanne today and she even said that he's been acting like a typical kitten and climbing up on things he really shouldn't. This is my favorite part about being a furr kid Auntie...getting to meet wonderful kitties, doggies and other critters and just being able to experience these wonderful little beings.

Until next time!

No comments: