Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's HOT outside!

Hello my furr kids and guardians, how was your week? Are you all dying from this weather, I know I am! This weather is not fun for the furr kids in my care as well as your loyal pet sitter! It's very important that you keep plenty of fresh water around for your furr kids, and even throw an ice cube or two in their dish for a refreshing treat. I was considering shaving Blackjack, (the company mascot) but I'm afraid that he may do something to me while I sleep. He's never been a fan of the Vet and a groomer...please, so he will stay fluffy and I guess I will just have to throw him in the shower from time to time to cool him down.

It's a Saturday around 9:45am and I already have a fan on. I need to get ready pretty soon for my 10:30am consultation with a new furr kid guardian. This person has two kitties, Potter and Emma and she had mentioned that they are both love bugs...which is always fun. Nanny Samantha has a consultation at noon today, and Nanny Elaine is picking up some keys from a client who will be out of town for nearly a MONTH! He has a sweet old Beagle named Oscar who is blind...before you become sad let me tell you...Oscar doesn't let it bother him one bit! Although he bumps into things more than he would probably like, he just makes the best out of the situation and stays the cool dude that he is. Nanny Samantha will be doing an overnight visit this evening with Oscar, (a different one) and Java...two very funny Dachshunds who adore Samantha and vice versa.

I talked to a fellow pet sitter who has become a friend of mine this morning...she is thinking about hiring some new people, which is GREAT! I am always so happy to hear about all you wonderful furr kid guardians, and how important good pet care is to you all. It's amazing how the pet industry has blown up over the years and I can't tell you how happy I am to be apart of it!

It's a leisurely day for your loyal pet sitter, which is nice considering I rarely have a weekend off. I received a last minute call from one of my furr kids guardians for pet care starting tomorrow, but this guardian is near and dear to my heart considering he adopted a kitty that I had rescued. He was dumped in our carport, or maybe he just escaped to our carport. He had on a filthy old flea collar, and he himself was filthy! He is a big fluffy gray and white kitty, but he was so dirty he looked gray and brown. I started to call him Skuzzy...I know, not the best name, but let's face it...he was! He had another friend that I named Puddin', but he was VERY scared and I could never get close to him/her...I'm not sure what Puddin' was. I would leave cat food under my car each day, and attempted to leave water, but the ants overran the dish. One day Puddin' started to sneeze...and a couple of days later he/she was gone...I was very sad considering I started to talk to 13th Street Cat Rescue about trapping him/her. Skuzzy seemed really sad to have lost his friend, but then he also started to sneeze. I knew I could not wait anymore...so, I put him in a carrier and took him to Akal Animal Hospital.

You would think that a kitty that was obviously not taken care of would completely freak out being put in a car...but no, he just chilled out and didn't make a peep. It turned out that he had an upper respiratory infection and most likely would have met the same fait as Puddin' if I hadn't acted. It also turned out that he was an old guy, which wouldn't work in his favor as far as being adopted. I paid for him to stay at the pet hospital for a week so he could get the medication he needed, and after that he was fostered by a wonderful 13th Street Cat person. After quite a while we had little hope that someone would find it in his or her heart to adopt this older guy, but then my furr guardian appeared and adopted him. So, I get the pleasure of not only visiting his other furr kids, but Skuzz too, (he has a new name now).

Anyway...sorry for going on so long, but I thought that was a nice story to tell. Keep cool my furr kids and guardians and I will talk to you soon.

No comments: