Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Sunday and I'm beat!

Hello all my pet guardians...how was your week? The weather has been much nicer, although my throat has been burning due to all the smoke in the air. I hope that the fires have affected none of you or any of your family members, friends or associates. The fire situation is not only devastating for the people who have lost their homes, but also for the furr kids that unfortunately were not able to get out of those homes. Make sure to give your furr kid a big kiss and hug just to let them know that you are happy to have them.

Well, as my title suggested...it's Sunday and I'm beat! This has been one heck of a week for your loyal pet sitters, and with the upcoming 4th of July weekend approaching I doubt it's going to be any different for the next week or so. Nanny Elaine just started her month long pet sitting assignment with Oscar, the blind Beagle. I went over to visit with them yesterday, and Oscar just wondered around Elaine and I bumping into our legs from time to time. Elaine has started using her legs to block Oscar from bumping into sharp corners; instead he just bumps into Elaine’s leg. He may be blind, but he knows where his treats are kept and he will stand by that door for long amounts of time until he finally gets that he's had his treat quota for the afternoon. After leaving Elaine and Oscar I had lunch at Santana Row with my Sister and Brother-in-law...there we met Patrick, the CUTEST King Charles Cavalier I have ever seen! He was born in Ireland...hence the name Patrick, and he had a beautiful red and white coat with the FLUFFIEST feet I have ever seen...his feet looked like floor dusters. He was very happy to have all of us fawning over him, and we didn't mind him getting our pants a bit dusty when he jumped up to see us. Santana Row is a great place to pup watch...you can see all sorts of dogs and you can even sit down to eat with them...very pet friendly.

I finally received my June newsletters...and with some luck my furr kid guardians may even receive them IN JUNE! Yes, I was a bit behind on putting them together, but I think you will really enjoy this one...there are some fun surprises in it!!! Nope, I'm not telling you have to wait to read it. It took me close to 3 hours to fold, stamp, label and seal the nearly 200 newsletters that I will pop in the mail tomorrow morning, but my Sister was nice enough to volunteer to help me next time around...thank you Laura!

I'm getting a TON of last minute requests for the 4th of July weekend...and I hate to turn people away, but we are booked solid! Just a nice reminder to all my furr guardians...remember to book early when it comes to holidays. Why can't I just clone myself and my other Nannies...it would make things so much easier.

Until next time....

No comments: