Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Did we have a February?????

Hello all my furr guardians, how is your March treating you so far? Are you just as confused by this wacky weather as your loyal pet sitters are???? I don't know what happened to February! I had this entire Valentines Day blog planned with recipes and fun gifts for your beloved furr kid(s), but I guess I blinked and the month disappeared! Sorry about the missing month...darn those 28 day months anyway!

PENNY "HAPPINESS" THE PUPPY

So, I guess I will start this blog off by sharing some totally adorable Penny the puppy stories...although she's not such a puppy anymore! Penny's number one nickname from me, (she has many) is happiness because she literally is one of the happiest dogs I have ever been around. I asked her guardians if it would be okay for me to take Penny for a ride in my car on nice days, and they said "sure, she would love that". So, Penny and I took a ride around downtown last month, and she just sat in her seat "smiling" at every passing car or pedestrian. She made SO many people smile, and I told her "Penny, if only we could bottle your joy the world would be a better place".

She adores everyone and pretty much everything! She seems to melt the hearts of big burly construction workers and even makes little kids stop crying when they have fallen.

I took this video of how absolutely sweet and happy this girl is, and although I was talking to her while filming, this is pretty much how she is on a daily basis. Yeah...I HATE my job! :o)



FOR THE FASHIONISTA IN US ALL

It never ceases to amaze me when it comes to all the new pet products that come out, and of course I feel it's my duty to share them with all my SVPN furr guardians! So, check out these products for the "fashionista" in us all.

Yes, you can have hands-free fashion while you and your pup strut around in this:

http://www.theshabbydog.com/catalog/category/collarsLeads

Feeling a bit "goth", or want your furr kid(s) to be the hipster that they always wanted to be, well then check these tags out:

http://www.theshabbydog.com/catalog/category/collarsLeads

Although I'm not a huge fan of dressing our beloved pups up, I did think this was kind of cute, especially for going out on the town for Sushi!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41419050

Would you like your pet to sport a Benz? Well check out the plush "Furcedes" dog bed. Your furr kid(s) should always ride in style:

http://www.trixieandpeanut.com/product-45805-Fab-Furcedes-Pet-Bed

And of course, no self respecting furr kid would be caught dead without their pearls!

http://www.trixieandpeanut.com/product-67039-Big-Bling-Bone-Necklace

PET AMBER ALERTS

You never think in a million years that one day your beloved furr kid(s) may go missing, but if there is one thing I have learned after my 5 years being in business is that cats and dogs can be VERY crafty when it comes to taking a stroll on their own. Dogs can jump over or dig under fences, cats can squeeze out of TINY openings in windows or claw through screens and before you know it their gone. Most animals are terrified when they do get out and will normally stay close to home, but sometimes they are adventurers or are picked up by good Samaritans and returned home. But, what do you do if your beloved furr kid(s) go missing???? Well, did you know there is actually an "Amber alert" for pets???? I thought this was a really cool thing, and wanted to make sure to mention it.

http://www.amberalertforpets.com/

And if you're looking for something that is a bit more "high tech" I thought this was really cool.

http://www.blanketid.com/

This came up due to the heartbreaking signs that are covering the downtown/Japan Town area from a family looking for their kitty "Baby" who pushed out their screen and has been missing since February 6th. Please keep your eyes open when in the downtown area for "Baby"...her guardians are so sad and desperately want her back.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/laf/1635057602.html

13TH STREET CAT RESCUES ANNUAL TEA

My friends at 13th Street cat rescue are hosting their annual "Tea" on May 1st and 2nd. It is a really fun event which includes a full afternoon tea at a historic private residence & San Jose landmark. The tickets are $25.00 each, and go FAST! Myself and nanny Katy will be there, as well as a auction including items donated by the friends of 13th Street Cat Rescue. It would be great to see some of you there!

http://www.13thstcats.org/info/display?PageID=8434

THE FUR BALL IS COMING!

Each year the wonderful Humane Society of Silicon Valley puts on the Fur Ball, a black tie event which goes to help the HSSV. It is a really great event, and you can even bring your pup!!!! The theme this year is "Top Hat and Tails" and will be held on April 17th. You can get more information by contacting Robert at (408) 262-2133 3xt 131, or rarmbrust@hssv.org. What an awesome opportunity to put on your best Hollywood style while supporting one of the best organizations around!

OSCAR THE BOXER

Some of you may have seen my past video posts of my favorite YouTube Boxer dogs; "Oscar" and I have been very sad that there has been a absence of new videos on his channel. Well, it seems that Oscar has a new baby Brother...of the human kind, and they finally posted a new video which I thought I would share with all of you.



SIMON'S CAT

And I leave you with the newest and always hilarious "Simon's cat" cartoon.



I guess that's it for now, and I will try very hard not to miss another month! Until next time, please give a kiss and hug to your furr kid(s) from myself, nanny Katy, nanny Chandel, nanny Jennifer, nanny Stacy, "manny" Ryland, nanny Laurel, and nanny Samantha.

No comments: