Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy 2009 everyone!

Hello all my furr guardians, how are you enjoying this AWESOME weather!!!!! I guess this is why we pay the big bucks to live here, not too many places are 70+ degrees in January. Blackjack really enjoyed being on the balcony today...nice and sunny. Don't ask me why black animals enjoy to bask in the sun for hours...I would burn up, but he loved every minute of it. He's now snoozing on his chair...yes, he has his own chair in the office...he's my mascot, what can I say.

I hope you all were able to get out and enjoy the weather, and hopefully your furr kids did too. I had a great weekend full of kitty merriment. Actually the fun all started on Thursday when I met nanny Chandel at one of our newest furr guardians houses. She just started doing daily visits with an 8 week old Maltese Poodle named Chloe, and OMG...she takes the cake for being one of the cutest puppies I have ever seen! She basically looks like a snowball with eyes!!! She romped around the floor as we gushed over her, and took full advantage of having two sets of hands and two faces for her to lick. She is quite the smart girl too...at only 8 weeks old she can sit AND she knew to use her potty pad when she had to go. Nanny Chandel said "I just want to eat her she's so cute"...it sounded much cuter when she said it. She is pure white with a black nose, black eyes and black lips...really, a snowball with eyes. As we sit there gushing and playing with that little sweetheart, we both looked at each other and said "this is the best job EVER"...and it is!

I also had the pleasure of visiting Oliver and Autumn, two of the sweetest kitties I have ever come into contact with. Oliver, (a Maine Coon mix) must weight close to 22 pounds and is the first cat I have ever grunted while lifting. What a cool kitty he is...talkative, sweet, HUGE, and very smart. His "Sister" Autumn is quite the beauty, and she knows it! She was named after her autumn like coloring, and is soft as a bunny. We don't get too many kitties that like to sit on our laps, especially when they first meet us, but then there was Autumn. As soon as I sat down she made herself right at home on my lap, and WOW she was the best hot water bottle ever! Unfortunately she was not interested in sharing my affection with her Brother Oliver, and if he tried to get in on the action she gave him a swift swat on the head. So, poor lovely biggallute Oliver kept a safe distance all the while talking to me, between quick glimpses of Autumn making sure he wasn't in for another swat. Here is a picture I took of this very thing...Autumn is on my lap and just look at Oliver's nervous face. Don't worry though, I made plenty of one on one time with my big guy Oliver, so he only had to endure this for about 5 minutes. I'm sure they both will be thrilled to see their guardians, however I wish I had a bit more time to spend with these two lovely kitties.

I am very excited about the new furr kid that I will be visiting Monday's and Thursday's starting this week. Her name is Nomi, and she is one of the smallest Yorkie's I have ever seen! Sweet as sugar this little girl is, and loves to be held like a baby. Her guardian calls her monkey, which is funny because that's what I call Blackjack, so this nickname should be easy for me to remember. During my meeting with her guardian, she went and got one of her favorite toys, which was about twice as big as her!!! She played fetch with this toy like it was no problem at all, but to see this tiny girl lugging around a large squeaky toy really made me laugh. I will make sure to post a picture of her as soon as I'm able to snap on.

So, we took the Christmas in the Park tree down on Friday, and although it had been through some pretty rough rain it held up remarkably well!!!! The ornaments were a bit dirty, but in great shape! You know, I was going to send all of you furr guardians your kids ornament, but I have decided that I enjoyed being a part of the community and having a tree, so I am planning on reusing their ornaments next year. Of course you are welcome to have your furr kids ornament if you would like...just let me know and I will send it to you ASAP. But, if you would like another year of your furr kid being a Christmas star you can opt for me to keep the ornament to use next year.

I'm really excited about 2009, and hope to add a lot of new fun stuff to the website. Of course we will be at Bark in the Park 2009, and possibly a couple of other events. I'm working on getting new t-shirts, and potentially doggy shirts...I'll keep you updated.

Remember that if you would like your pet(s) to be the next "newsletter pet" just drop me an email with a cute story. I'm most likely going to go green with my newsletter and instead of a physical paper version doing an e-version. I know that this isn't ideal for everyone, so if you would rather have a paper version just let me know and I can print a small amount of them.

Also, if you do not see your furr kids picture on our site feel free to e-mail one to me. I want to make sure all of our furr kids get the chance to make their debut on the website, especially because once we visit them, they are a part of our family.

I guess that's all for now, but I will make sure to post soon.

No comments: